Friday, September 9, 2011

Back to Boston

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."
            This quote perfectly describes the start of my second year here at Northeastern.
            I got back to the city last week, moved in a week ago, and started classes on Wednesday.
            Even though I was here last year, it is very strange to be in the same place I began my college adventures, but to be starting something completely new. It is strange to walk through campus with a new view.
            I now live on the other side of campus, so things feel new and different. I live in a single room with a bathroom I share with my suite mate. I live on the sixteenth floor of a 22-story building. I have incredible views of the city and a new perspective of what this year will bring.
            So I can see the path I will be traveling, but I don’t know where I’m headed or what life will bring me this semester. But maybe that is what makes it so exciting to have blind faith in my future and believe in myself so that where ever that path leads, I can know it is exactly where I’m supposed to be.
            I’ve included some pictures of my room, which is much bigger than my shoebox of a dorm last year. 
My room.




My "side tables" made from packing boxes and fabric.




My Harry Potter reading corner.


The view from the window behind my desk.

The view of campus from my common room.

The view of Boston from the common room.

No comments:

Post a Comment