Saturday, January 29, 2011

Breaking the Bland

Most readers have probably noticed how much I change the design of my blog.
            In the course of six months I have had six different color schemes. I want to apologize. It might be exciting to click on the link to my blog and see a new background, or it might be just frustrating.
            But I will explain my actions.
            I would consider myself a pretty boring person. I might not sound like I have a boring life, but I do things in a routine. I just stick to the same plan, way of doing things and lifestyle.
It’s not that I don’t want some excitement in my life. Trust me, I keep waiting for the excitement to begin. But changing the pictures and colors on my blog, my little piece of the world that is truly all mine, gives me the sense of excitement I sometimes need. So the next time you see the background change, just know, I was probably bored.
I find it interesting that this is the only thing in my life I am willing to change at the click of the mouse. I could dye my hair, but I think you and just about anyone I have ever met would never forgive me. And I might never forgive myself; of all the things God gave me, he gave me great hair.
I could change the backdrop on my laptop, but the black and white photo booth snapshot of my two best friends from home and me is perfect.
I could switch up my wardrobe, but I like being comfortable and simple. I could try a new style but I am not a runway model.
I could change my profile picture, but the one I have works so well. I could try a new sport, but God certainly did not give me athletic ability.
I could change my major, but I’m not that brave. I could try any myriad of new things, but hey, I’m comfortable. What can I say? I’m pretty darn boring.
And would I trade my perfectly boring life for something more exciting? I don’t think so. The grass is always greener, and I’m happy right where I am. I just get bored sometimes.


P.S. Check out my new blog about my thoughts on the entertainment world. The Popcorn Critic click on the words The Popcorn Critic in teal. 
Proof that I was bored and wanted a new blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment