Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birds of a feather


College is all about change, right? Well, I’ve quickly found that to be the number one truth of this whole first year of college experience. And rather than point and criticize and get stuck in a rut, might as well join them.
            So this weekend, I made a change. This is pretty radical for me, and if you know me, you know that means it’s not very radical at all. And of course after about six opinions I took the dive.
            I got feather extensions added to my hair.
            This new trend has been taking the West coast by storm the past few months, and is barely getting off the ground here in the East coast.
            I first heard of them when I went to Boise, Idaho, for spring break. I thought they were an interesting thing that I didn’t even consider for myself.
            Some people pierce their belly buttons; some get tattoos; some dye their hair; but I get feathers in my hair.
            And so far, I love them. I have two red and one orange with black dots in the under layers of my hair, so if I’m feeling crazy one day I can proudly display them by pulling my hair back, or if I am feeling a little more conservative, I can hide them in the thick layers of my red hair.
            The great thing is that these feathers can be treated just like my natural hair. I can wash them, blow dry them, and curl them. And in two weeks to seven months I can take them out.
            So let the craziness begin. Well, as crazy as I can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment